Thursday, February 15, 2007

Google Reader and sharing blogs

I recently started using Google Reader. From what I am seeing its a nice piece of software which collects updates from all across the web -- particularly places like blogs and web sites which get updated at a sporadic rate.

I have defined a few sites which I like to check for updates and it alerts me when there is a new post (thanks to RSS of course -- what RSS is I truly am blissfully unaware of -- I never had the heart to go check what made it tick really). But anyways, it works.

So what? Well more beautiful is a small feature they have provided which ties up what I read and like with what I can update on my blog -- "Share"!
So now if I find things interesting I can just share a link through this place.
I am not 'copying' anything so not a threat to anyone's IP and at the same time I can redirect people to more worthwhile readings than my ramblings :-) That's the good thing.

Happy reading ...
Bye for now